Wednesday 6 March 2013

We all must do our part

Some of my best friends came to visit me and spend New Year's Eve here in London. I remember going to Canary Wharf with them one day as they were curious to see it. We had a nice walk on the riverside. It was freezing but streets were full with people jogging, hopeful to burn all calories swallowed over the previous two weeks. We all thought they were crazy.

Eventually we got lost and decided to head towards the nearest DLR station - Limehouse. We walked through a very charming neighborhood, where very modern building and old fascinating boats contrasted amazingly on the canal. While walking beside a small dam, we noticed the stagnant water was full of rubbish coming from the Thames. One of my friends took a picture, almost joking about it. I regret not taking one. I would have loved to show you the shameful view. Therefore,  I will share a shocking video -most of you might have seen it already- so that we can all understand why it is so important not to through any waste into the sea - or river. 




Last Saturday Thames21 organised a Thames Foreshore Clean-Up and participants were rewarded with cut-price entry to the Ansel Adams Photography: from the Mountains to the Sea. For those of you who are interested, check out their calendar, it's pretty full of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment